An agreement can be prepared by lawyers acting on behalf of you or your city council. The contract must be prepared to the satisfaction of all parties who enter into the agreement, so that if your lawyer has drawn up the agreement, it must then be approved by the Council`s lawyers. You must bring the necessary supplements to develop the document. A Section 173 agreement is a legal agreement between the Council and the landowner pursuant to Section 173 of the Planning and Environment Act 1987. In some cases, a third party. B for example a referral authority, may also be involved in an agreement. If you wish to amend an agreement in accordance with Section 173, all parties must approve the amendments, as this is a binding contract. Therefore, if you are not satisfied with the existing terms of an agreement, you must apply to the Council. The precise procedure for dealing with proposed changes to an agreement varies from council to council, in order to contact your local council for more information. These agreements are named under Section 173 of the Planning and Environment Act of 1987. Once you have completed, a Section 173 agreement is entered on the title of the land and a legally enforceable document.

It is therefore important that the section 173 agreements be carefully developed and implemented. However, there may be other parties related to the terms of an agreement. For example, a planning authority or developer interested in the use of the land may also be included in the contract. The competent authority may negotiate an agreement with a landowner to set conditions or restrictions on the use or development of the land or to achieve other planning objectives for the land. (For VicSmart`s applications, your city council is the appropriate authority. An agreement under Section 173 must be reached if requested by the Commission. The agreement binds you and all subsequent owners until it expires after an event or period specified in the agreement. In both cases, the Commission recommends that counsel seek advice prior to filing such an application, as in some cases a lawyer is required to identify the parties involved in the Section 173 agreement. As part of the Commission`s review of the application, other contracting parties are informed of the application and have the opportunity to oppose the proposal to terminate or amend the agreement. It is also important to note that a Section 173 agreement on the title of the land concerned can be registered.