Under the Homeless Seniors Assistance Program, the Government of Canada is required to ensure that seniors in Canada receive canada Pension Plan (CPP), OAS and/or Guaranteed Inconvenient Supplement (GIS) for which they are entitled. There may be vulnerable seniors in our communities – particularly those who are homeless or at risk of homelessness and who are unable to manage their own affairs – who do not receive the benefits for which they are eligible. For these seniors, third-party directors act on their behalf to ensure that they receive their benefits. The forms you submit as a third-party administrator will be carefully reviewed and evaluated before an individual, agency or organization`s application for trust is accepted or rejected. It is important to note that Service Canada-appointed directors and organizations take responsibility for managing benefits in the best interests of the people who represent them. Learn how municipalities and local organizations can help vulnerable seniors, especially homeless seniors, access CPC, OAS and/or GIS services. Advice on the limited circumstances under which service management should be considered by the Department and on available alternatives. If you have any questions about the application process, contact us via the information on the forms. It is important that everyone receives the CPC, OAS and/or GIS services for which they are eligible, especially the most vulnerable in our communities, such as the elderly who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.

While the vast majority of recipients already receive their benefits, individuals and qualified organizations can apply for the management of CPC, OAS and/or GIS services on behalf of those who are unable to manage their own affairs. Qualified persons (z.B. A family member, friend, lawyer, social worker, agencies, non-profit charities and local communities may apply to be CPP, OAS and/or GIS benefit administrators on behalf of individuals who are unable to manage their own affairs if there is no authorized person or agency already designated under federal or provincial business management legislation. These include the management of CPC, OAS and/or GIS services on behalf of vulnerable and homeless seniors, as well as other eligible beneficiaries. To apply for benefit management on behalf of an individual, the following forms must be completed: Home > Resources > Possible Responses for older adults who have difficulty managing finances When the audit is completed, Service Canada will contact you for advice if your request to act as a third-party administrator has been met. Financial Affairs Management The following list contains possible answers if an older adult has difficulty managing their financial affairs or is exploited by financial abuse or financial abuse.